Charleston - Restaurants

I'm going to keep a running list of Charleston restaurants I've been to and recommend. I'll try and put websites up whenever possible. 

Cane Rhum Bar & Caribbean Kitchen: http://eatdrinkcane.com/
Cane is one of our favorite places in Charleston. You feel like you're in the tropics whenever you go. They are only open for dinner time. The food is small enough portions that you can try a few different items and not fill up too much. I recommend the "Taste of Cane to Share". 

Poe'shttp://www.poestavern.com/  
It is my favorite burger joint. It has been crowded the last few times I've tried to go. It is probably better to go during 'off-times' to beat crowds. 

Fleet Landing: http://www.fleetlanding.net/ 
If you're downtown and want some seafood (and a more Charleston experience), this is my new favorite place. It is an old storage building on the water but the inside is nice and has great views and good food (I like their fried green tomato BLT). It's on the harbor, behind the Customs House from the market.

This place is over other the southern side of Charleston. On the way to Folly or Wadmalaw Island (Kiawah). It's off of Hwy 17 and is more casual. You walk up and order then they bring your food to you. I don't think they do reservations. But the food's good. It could be crowded since I think it's popular. 
1219 Savannah Hwy. Charleston, SC 29407 • Tel. 843-225-1717

Boxcar Betty's http://www.boxcarbetty.com/
Boxcar Betty's has some great fried chicken. There are 3 locations in the Charleston area. The chicken is fried in a light batter that's not overly seasoned and comes in a variety of sandwiches or you can create your own. I highly recommend.They also offer their sandwiches with grilled chicken or a stuffed Portobello. The small fries that we got were enough for the 2 of us to share.

Other restaurants I would like to try in Charleston.
Husk http://www.huskrestaurant.com/home/ 
This place is very popular and has been recommended to me by many people. I'd like to go sometime but they're pretty expensive and can be hard to get into. Farm to table menu with many local products. 
843.577.2500 | 76 Queen St. | Charleston, SC 

I've wanted to try this place. Maybe even stay here since I think it's a B&B. This place is on Mt Pleasant. 
01 Pitt St. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Phone:(843) 388-8935 

I haven't been here but it looks like a neat place to try. Maybe a little nicer. But it's named after a dog, how cute. 
843/577.2337 • 72 Queen Street, Charleston, SC 29401

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of Rivers Bridge State Historic Site

Charleston Area State Parks

Going Greek