Greenville - Restaurants

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted about restaurants in Greenville, South Carolina! I love Greenville, it's a great town that has done an amazing job with their downtown revitalization. I remember visiting the Falls Park area back in 2000 and it was a place you probably shouldn't go at night. Now it's one of the busiest places in Greenville, day or night. The South End has many shops and restaurants that you can't go wrong with. There are many places up and down Main Street that are great to visit. If you can, check out the Greenville Drive's baseball stadium. It's a great place to catch a game.
These are a few restaurants that I have either been to or have been recommended to me.

The Velo Fellow - I've posted about this place before, but it's my favorite restaurant in Greenville. We went there recently on a night we were looking for some jazz. We ended up there not realizing that they were having live jazz that night. It was great, the food was great and I can't wait to go back. It's a very quirky, hipster-type place but if you can look past that, the food is good. And I will still rave about their cakes. They haven't done me wrong yet. http://thevelofellow.com/

Lemongrass Thai Cuisine - we went here recently. It's probably only the 2nd time I've been to a Thai restaurant and it was good. Probably 90% of their menu is spicy (they kindly note which are on the menu) but you can ask them to make anything mild. I enjoyed the vegetable Curry I got and the Lemongrass chicken was good. It was a little slow but it was a Friday night. And, bonus, they do take reservations. http://www.lemongrassthai.net/

Sassafras Southern Bistro - this place has special memories for me from a date my hubby and I had years ago. The food is good, they take reservations, and there's a nice atmosphere. I believe they have outdoor dining as well but I don't remember. They're a nicer restaurant. http://www.sassafrasbistro.com/

Sticky Fingers - I've probably mentioned before how much I love Sticky Fingers. Now that there isn't one in my area, it's a treat to visit one in another town. You can't go wrong with their ribs or pulled pork. http://www.stickyfingers.com

Coffee Underground - good place for coffee, dessert and music. And the roast their own coffee. www.coffeeunderground.biz/

Sushi Murasaki - we enjoyed this place when we were downtown looking for sushi. It has a cool atmosphere. www.sushimurasaki.net/

Luna Rose Gelato Cafe - Yum, gelato. Gelato is one of my favorite frozen treats. This place also serves lunch and dinner. Be sure to stop by. http://www.lunarosagelato.com/

Bellacinos Pizza and Grinders - if you're looking for some good subs or pizza downtown Greenville, check this place out. You can eat in or carry out. Their grinders are really good. Baked toasted subs with mozzarella melted on the bread. I don't know where they started but I didn't know about them until I was in South Carolina. http://bellacinos.com/

Soby's - a nice place for a special occasion. www.sobys.com/

Nose Dive - We've only been here once but it's a neat place. I'm pretty sure they served PBR in a can, in a paper bag, which cracked me up. I would check it out again. www.thenosedive.com/

Spill the Beans - one of my favorite ice cream places in Greenville. They have a soft serve in either chocolate or vanilla, then you request your mix ins/toppings, and they blend all the ingredients together so that your "toppings" are all through your ice cream. It can get pretty busy here during the summer nights. And it's right by the walking bridge, so you can enjoy your ice cream with a view of the falls.www.stbdowntown.com/

Chicora Alley - one of my mom's favorite places. If you like conch fritters, you should try them here. A southwest influenced menu.
 www.chicoraalley.com/

Brown Street Club - we visited this place one Friday night and listened to some live jazz music. They have a dining area but it is more upscale. I'd like to go back sometime to have dinner there. brownstreetclub.com/

Barley's Tap Room & Pizza - a casual place downtown to hang out with friends or take a group. www.barleysgville.com/

American Grocery Restaurant - I'd love to try this place but it's probably one of the more expensive restaurants in Greenville. Sounds like quite an experience. http://www.americangr.com

Tupelo Honey Cafe  - opened on Main Street in June 2013. Good food but it gets crowded. As of July 2013, the weren't taking reservations. That may change once the newness wears off. Right now I recommend either going during a off-peak time (NOT at 12 noon), or just plan on waiting. But the food is great! 

Roost - another new restaurant on Main Street, on the North end, next to the Hyatt (as Greenville wants to call it - NOMA - North Main). Looks good. It's on my list to try sometime. http://roostrestaurant.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of Rivers Bridge State Historic Site

Charleston Area State Parks

Going Greek